Monday, March 05, 2007

2 Days at the sea.... and someone stole my dainty ankles!

So hubby had 2 days in a row where he had to go near Alassio along the northwest coast of Italy... well, hubby thought he'd take me. YAY! The first day was great since he just had to bring people back to Piacenza, we could head out early and spend some free time there. Well, the weather wasn't as nice as we hoped it would be but it was still warmer than back home.
I told hubby I wanted to take a pict like one I found on the internet... it's the one in this post. The colour isn't too strong because of the lighting that day but it's still a nice pict for baby's collection.

The second day we went to the sea, we had to leave super early to pick up the tour and the bus was FULL!!! Every seat was occupied including the guide seat at the front! G is lucky there was room for me! It was a group of people from the same church so of course, there were a lot of older ladies gushing over my belly and asking us when we were due, etc. So sweet!
Well, it was a full day, especially since on our way there we ran into a car accident that blocked the highway COMPLETELY for quite sometime. We literally sat for a good 45 min. to an hour... traffic was blocked for miles, you should have seen it! So the people missed out on church mass at the sea where they planned to go. Oh well.

Then we headed for lunch, it was really good, of course, hubby had to order something special for me as everyone was eating fish... (I'm not so much a fan, esp since this pregnancy!) Then off to Loano for the rest of the afternoon. Here everyone had a couple of hours of free time. We ran into some of the ladies... indulging in gelato! Yum Yum!
G and I went to sit on the beach for a while but for this pregnant woman, my poor butt just got sore... but we stayed long enough for G to wet his feet and have a nap on the beach. On our way back to get the bus we ran into the same ladies... indulging in gelato once again but from a different shop... and why not I say, you only live once! HAHA!

Well, of course this is a Sunday and every Italian in a 2 hour radius AND their dogs come to the sea for the weekend, so what usually takes 3 hours to get home took more than 5! Yep, stuck in traffic AGAIN! Basically sitting on the highway watching a long line of little red tail lights for a good hour. Thank goodness I used the bathroom before we left!

Anyways, after we got through the traffic jam, we finally stopped at a gas station so everyone could use the bathroom (YAY!) and get a bite to eat or drink. I told G I figured it be beter if I sit in the guide seat at the front as my ankles felt like they had elastics around them... ah! The swelling begins.... yep, we got home around 10:30 p.m. and holy! Someone stole my dainty ankles and left me with tree trunks!!! ACK!!!!! Out came my extra pillow whom we lovingly call Phil and my hot water bottle filled with cold water... I tried to sleep with my feet up as best I could for the night. This morning the swelling was down enough but not completely.... a good ice water foot soak should feel good...

Well, that was our weekend. Hope yours was good!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails