Thursday, January 25, 2007

I've Been Published!

Ok so it's just a letter I wrote... and a small one at that, but they decided to publish my letter!

I found out the other day when I went to leave for my first lamaze class... there was a package outside near the mailboxes for me... all I thought is who is this Judy person and why is she sending me a package? Then I read it a bit better and it said something about scrapbooking... I ran upstairs to drop it off and quickly open it to see if there was a letter of some sort... all I found were a bunch of 12 x 12 decorative scrapping papers, embelishments, paint pen, and a magazine... I was in a hurry so I grabbed the magazine and headed out the door to catch my bus... I started flipping and trying to remember what I sent where. See a few months ago I submitted a letter and some pages I did to a few scrapbook magazines... well, I finally got some sort of response. There on page 11 of this January 2007 issue was my letter. How excited was I? I called hubby right away to tell him but had to cut our conversation sort cuz my bus arrived.

So anyways, I was hoping it would be for one of my pages but hey... maybe next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being published!! Thats great. I dont know how many times I submitted to Chicken Soup, only to get the rejection letter. Apparently my stories just weren't life altering enough.
-Nicole

Susie said...

I will look for your article! enjoyed your blog! enjoyed seeing your work! glad I stumbled on your blog! From one scrapbooker and painter to another!

Related Posts with Thumbnails